Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Classroom Makeover - Part One

Well...It has started!
Classroom Makeover - 2012

After last year, and feeling rather burned out...I wanted to make sure I had a fresh start for the upcoming school year.  Enter ~ Classroom Makeover 2012.

Here are some before just started pictures.


Kinda crazy - right?!  Busy, messy, uncoordinated.  I knew that whatever I did, I wanted everything to go together and match, I wanted simple, cheerful, and CLEAN!  

I searched quite a bit online and on Pinterest for great ideas and found Melanie over at www.schoolgirlstyle.com and immediately fell in love with her Classroom Couture lines.  I went to her Teachers Notebook Store and purchased her set titles, Sugar and Spice.  

It was totally me - pink, lime green, teal, a little bit of black! Just like my blog! 

What I especially love about Melanie is that she coordinates her designs with the colors of the Fadeless brand paper and Bordette borders!  It is so simple!  She has great tips for classroom organization and decoration.  

So yesterday I corralled my parents and made them come up and be my slaves  help me out.  Shout out to great parents!!!  Dad painted bookshelves (he still has more to do, but it looks so much better!)  Mom helped with the boards and started making curtains to cover the clutter.  Every bulletin board got covered.  
I'm waiting on the laminator to be set up in the office so that I can laminate all of the bulletin board pieces from Melanie's kit.  That will be part two.  For now, enjoy these photos of the fresh new paper and boards.


SO MUCH BETTER - RIGHT!!!

There is still de-cluttering to do.  I am also getting new book baskets from Really Good Stuff from my principal.  (LOVE HER!)  What colors?  Pink, Lime Green and Teal!  WOO HOO!

And Now For a LINKY!

The final project I completed was a set of really cute frames for our class principles.  I got them at Michaels, with a coupon, so it was a great steal.  

They were just plain, but cute, balsa wood frames.  I spray painted them in my room colors and they became this.
Next I printed out my class principals in a cute font, enlarged them and then taped them into the frames.  I hung them with clear push-pins and TA-DA!
classroomThis was inspired by an idea from Pinterest ~ originally from http://twogirlzstuff.blogspot.com/
I know I am a little late to this link-up party - but this is my first Monday of Summer - so that's my excuse and I am sticking with it!  I am so excited to join 4th Grade Frolics and share what I made on Monday!  This is going to be a great, crafty summer!  

Stay Cool Everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Love the signs and your overall color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! Thanks for linking up:))) It's never too late, party is open all week and then a new one starts:)) I love your new colors and classroom makeover!! I really love your frames with your kindness principles:))) Hope you come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new colors! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purple bookshelf with the stars! You have wonderful colors in your classroom!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - As I 6th Grade Teacher myself, I love following your blog. I love your "rules" frames. They are great. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Come on over and grab it.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work! Once my room is cleaned and I have the chance to get in, you have given me some great ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Nicole again. I decided to give you the Leiber Award. Us 6th Grade teachers have to stick together. Can't wait to see more classroom pictures. Come check out my blog and pick up your award.

    Nicole
    Teaching, Stitching, and Parenting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! Such cute colors! I've selected you for the award One Lovely Blog. Come over to my blog to pick it up!


    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks amazing! I was just in Michael's today, but buzzed through. Will have to go back and look for those frames!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! I gave you the Liebster Award on my blog! Check it out at www.teachingislove.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there!

    I hope you can join me in my "Preparing for School" linky party @ {6th Grade} All-Stars

    Thanks
    Mrs. Crouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your room looks great! I always convince my mom to come in and help me set up-- she used to be a teacher though so she loves it :)
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Sankey Diagram in Excel is a powerful visualization that provides an overview of the flows in a system, such as energy or materials, or in advertising, the customer journey.
    Read More: https://businessanddigitalmarketing.blogspot.com/2021/07/how-effective-are-google-ads.html .

    ReplyDelete