I am linking up with my friend at 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules to share a little more about myself and to learn about all of you all out there in blog world. Join us and share some fun info about yourself. All you do is copy the questions off of my post, paste them onto your blog and then add a new question for your blog. Don't forget to link up at 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules to share your post with everyone else!
1. Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
Flying free...do you know any cute, red-haired, male teachers who also happen to play the guitar, live in CT, love musical theatre and want to take me out on the town? No? Didn't think so!
2. Where did you grow up?
Ames, Iowa till 8th grade and then East Lyme, CT for high school...both a mid-western girl and a beach bum!
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what is his/her name?
One cat named Bella (not after Twilight) who I got from a former student. She is a total brat and a goofball...but I love her. She is obsessed with any type of bags and with feathers. She also loves to chase her tail, but only in the bathtub...weird right!? Here's a picture from last Christmas...yes, I dressed her up, No, she did not enjoy it!
4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?Toddlers and Tiaras and Dance Moms... I know! I think because I grew up singing, dancing and performing and since I now run a drama club, I am intrigued by all of those stage moms. Right? Can I claim it as research?
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
I'm a spender...cue music "Hey, Big Spender" ( I have a song for everything!) In fact, my resolution this year is to live on my budget! I feel so much more peace knowing that I am making smart choices!
6. What is your favorite children's book?
AHHHH! This is the worst question - because, do we mean picture books, chapter books, as a read aloud, my favorite to suggest to my students, my favorite from childhood...Grrrr! Ok - I guess if I had to pick a book for all of these categories it would be Frindle by Andrew Clements - I love a good teacher/student story!
Totally a teacher's pet...I still am!
8. Who is your favorite athletic team?
Iowa Hawkeyes! Go Hawkeyes!
Williamsbury, VA with my best friend and parents after college graduation. This summer I am heading to Disney World! WOO HOO!
10. Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
Actor - Ryan Reynolds Actress - hmmm...Sandra Bullock
11. Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
I was so happy when we went to see Les Mis a few weeks ago...I cried during it, I was sad about the plot, but SO HAPPY to be there!
12. What is your favorite season?
Even though I love fall for football, spring is my favorite. I love flowers and seeing everything come back to life.
13. What is your biggest regret?
Probably getting a credit card in college, it sounds like a small thing, but it really has haunted me for years!
14. What food do you just NOT like at all?
Blue Cheese and Blueberries - YUCKY!
15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?
My first grade teacher, Mrs. Knox. She told us on day one that we could always come back to her for a hug and someone to listen. When I went to college, I did just that and it was magical. She was magical!
And for my blog:
16. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate with a peanut butter swirl...PERFECTION!
I can't wait to see all of your blog posts! Happy linking!